State of Illinois Public Records
The Illinois state government agencies and its divisions are custodians of countless recorded documents routinely requested by the public. Statewide record requests cover numerous areas, in some instances serving as the central depository such as criminal records and numerous certificates. The Illinois Secretary of State is a major provider of a number of public records often requested including business related searches, liens, genealogy, licenses, verifications and other state level filings. Many avenues to requesting and obtaining records quickly and efficiently can be accomplished online with forms, instructions and simple methods facilitating the process.
State of Illinois Courts
- Illinois Property Records
Search deeds, property taxes, mortgage documents and more.
- Obtaining Certified Illinois Death Records
How to get death record information
- Obtaining Certified Illinois Birth Records
How to get birth record information
- Obtaining Certified Copies of Illinois Marriage Records
Public marriage records.
- Obtaining Certified Copies of Illinois Divorce Records
Order public divorce certificates.
- Illinois Statewide Business Search
Obtain business, corporate and company information.
- Illinois Statewide Professional License Records
Search licensing of professional and verify status and more.
- Illinois Statewide UCC Search
Online services for UCC inquiries, filings, copy and debtor search certificate requests and more.
- Illinois Elections and Voter Information
Voter data statewide.
- Illinois Business Services
Free downloadable forms from the business programs division.
- Illinois Tax Information
Search tax resources.
- Illinois Department of Archives and History
Review criminal history records and more.
- Search For Illinois State Employees
Employee name search.
- Illinois Inmate Information
Search for an inmate online.
- Search Illinois Law
Lookup Illinois codes and laws.
- Directory of Illinois Agencies
Contact any agency statewide.
- Search for State Financial Institutions
Financial institution information.
- Unclaimed Property Records
Search the Treasurer's Office.
- Illinois Visitors Information
Guide to the state of Illinois.
- Illinois Census Information
quick facts and information.
- Illinois Genealogy and Ancestry
Lookup your ancestry online.
- Illinois State Patrol and Statewide Police Agencies
Information and services of state and local police departments.
- Illinois Airports
Airport and flight information
- Illinois Missing Children
National center for missing & exploited children.
- Illinois State Library
Services for the public, teachers, students and libraries.
- Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles
DMV services and resources for Illinois drivers.
- Illinois Education and Schools
Illinois State Board of Education.
- Illinois Bureau of Energy and Recycling Public Records
Providing available information and public records.
- Illinois Natural Reserve Commission
Information to protect the property and resources of Illinois.
- Illinois Maps, Government and Population
Information on Illinois; economy, government, culture and more
State level courts include the Illinois Supreme court, five Appellate courts hearing cases from the lower 24 circuit courts. The state's judicial site provides opinions, decisions, dockets and caseload information open to the public and legal counsel. Electronic filing is offered as many upper level court services have moved public resources online.
Illinois Records By County
Public Records Search